If you are interested in guest editing a special issue, you should send a proposal to the Editor-in-Chief, Georgios N. Yannakakis.
Preparing your Proposal
- Please prepare a Call for Papers which will ultimately be distributed. We would suggest that this is a maximum of one side of A4.
- Please provide an additional page, that presents short biographies of the proposed guest editors and why they are qualified to guest edit a special of the Transactions of Games in the area being suggested.
- The proposal will be sent to the journal’s Associate Editors for comment. You may be asked to revise the proposal and this iterative process will continue until a decision has been made.
Other Points to Note
- The proposed guest editors must include a current Associate Editor of ToG. This will ensure that the same standards are maintained for special issues, as for regular issues.
- A guest editor can submit a maximum of ONE paper with them as an author.
- A special issue cannot be related to a particular event (e.g. a conference) and submissions should be open to all
- The editorial that is eventually written to introduce the special issue must not mention specific conferences or events